Friday 15 August 2014

July Favourites

Sorry if this is coming a little late but I've been super busy with work over the past few months, having quit my summer job for the past 6 years and got 2 new jobs! But anyway, these are the things I have been really loving this month!
When I went on holiday to Egypt recently I had a little splurge in duty free (mainly in MAC) and one of the things I treated myself to was Daisy Eau so Fresh Delight by Marc Jacobs. I've had loads of other Marc Jacobs fragrances (various Daisy ones, Dot and Honey) and the bottle of this was so pretty I just couldn't resist, especially knowing that I was bound to love what was inside. And boy did I love it! This fragrance is just so pretty, and fresh, and light; all at once! Its floral yet fruity and just simply beautiful! Something I purchased in preparation for my holiday was the Dove Summer Glow Nourishing Lotion which is a lovely natural tanner. Because I am so pale I burn quite easily so have to wear a high factor sun lotion so I use this in the summer months to help prolong a summer glow! However, I did burn on my chest on the last day of my holiday so when I got back I ran to boots and picked up the Vaseline Essential Moisture in Cocoa Radiant to help sooth and hydrate my skin. This is just a really nice body moisturizer and for a really affordable price! And can I just taken a second to mention the smell! This stuff smells divine and leaves your skin feeling soft and nourished! 

During the summer months I tend to put very minimal effort into doing my hair; I just braid it at night to get natural looking waves and then spritz it with a bit of salt spray to (attempt to) get those effortless beachy waves using the got2b Beach Matte Mermaid Look Texturizing Salt Spray! Another reason for my minimal hair styling is that I'm trying to let my hair heal from all the damage I have inflicted on it in the past 2 years; ie. too much hair dye in a small space of time. I even dyed the ends bright pink at the beginning of my first year of uni! Basically I have abused my hair, to the extreme which has resulted in me having to have 5 inches chopped off a couple of weeks ago! To help my hair heal I have been using the Charles Worthington Moisture Seal Intense Rescue Melting Balm. Wow. This stuff is amazing! I noticed quite a difference even after the first use. You apply it to dry hair BEFORE you wash it and it claims to give a deep nourishment and mend split ends and so far so good; my ends feel tonnes better and my hair feels so much softer and just looks generally nicer!

When it comes to makeup this month has been all about the lips, and two that have been particularly loved are Topshop's Macaroon and the YSL Rouge Volupte in no. 29 which I believe is called Opera Rose! These two lipsticks are perfect for summer as they are glossy and bright and beautiful! 
Top: YSL, Bottom: Topshop

Before I apply my lipstick I always like to apply a lip balm and I usually use the Body Shop Vitamin E Lip Balm but I recently saw the Nivea Lip Butter in Vanilla and Macadamia when in the supermarket for something like £1 so thought I would chuck it in the basket and I actually rather like it! I think its the smell that does it for me; give me a bit of vanilla any day!
The mascare I have been loving recently is a travel sized version of the Clinique High Impact Mascara that came free with Glamour magazine. I actually went to get the magazine in the hope of getting a free mini chubby stick but they had sold out so picked up this mascara instead and I am certainly glad I did. It separates the lashes really well and just makes them look amazing. I think I will have to get the full size when this one runs out! Another mini product I have been loving in the miniature sized Benefit High Beam. I find this to be a perfect liquid highlighter as it provides a subtle amount of glow without making you look crazy - disco ball shiny!

As for fashion favourites this month, I have recently bought this leather jacket from Zara and I am in love with it! It has filled a leather jacket shaped hole in my life! I have also been loving some leggings I recently bought from Zara. I have never had a nice fitting, decent quality pair of leggings and these are just that! And my last fashion favorite are these boots from New Look. They are just so versatile and go with skirts, dresses, jeans, anything!

When it comes to TV I have been loving Pretty Little Liars, especially now Alison is properly in it! As For  film, a film that has stood out is the Inbetweeners 2! I just found it so funny and I watched the series throughout my school years and so it really reminds me of my younger years! I also watched a film called Philomena on the plane home from Egypt, which I only put on because I had seen most of the others and it was a better choice than The Lego Movie! However, I actually really enjoyed it and found it deeply moving and the story is just so emotive. Although, the film doesn't shine a particularly flattering light of the Catholic church... 

So there you have my July favorites! What have you been loving this month?

Sophie
X

No comments:

Post a Comment